A doula is a person who is trained and experienced in providing necessary encouragement, reassurance, non-medical advice and physical comfort throughout labour and birth.
Having attended and supported over 200 births, both vaginal and cesarean, home births, birthing centres and the hospital, I am well equipped to answer any questions you may have. As a doula, I am dedicated to making every birth the best it can be for every individual, partner and baby, whatever that may mean for them. I recognize that every birth is as individual as the person who is giving birth. What one person may desire and believe may be quite different from another person’s ideal birth. As your doula I strive to familiarize you with your options and what to expect along the way. I hope through non-judgmental discussion and education throughout pregnancy, birth and the postpartum period, I will learn what an ideal birth looks like to you and your partner and can encircle you and your partner with love, support and guidance to achieve the birth experience you desire. I believe if people are better educated about their bodies, their amazing abilities, what their choices are, and the joys of parenthood it will result in a better birth and happier postpartum period.
Pregnancy and birth can be very transformative and may be one of the most life changing events in a person’s life and for the whole family. I would be honored to walk this journey with you, to support you, and help you achieve the birth that YOU want.
Birth Doula Package
- 1-2 prenatal meetings to become acquainted, to explore and discuss your priorities and any fears or concerns, and to plan how we might best work together. I will become more familiar with your birth wishes, including your preferences regarding manegment options and use of pain medications. I want to know your own best ways of coping with pain and fatigue and how you and your partner foresee working together.
- 24/7 on call coverage, beginning from the time you hire me.
- Access to my lending library of books.
- Backup doula support.
- Continuous labour support.
- Help with baby's first feed.
- 1 follow up meeting postpartum at the time of your choice.
*A $450 deposit is due when the contract is signed with balance due at 38 weeks
Birth photography can be added on for birth doula clients at a 50% discount.