A doula is a person who is trained and experienced in providing necessary encouragement, reassurance, non-medical advice and physical comfort throughout labour and birth.
Having attended and supported over 300 births, both vaginal and cesarean, home births, birthing centre and the hospital, I am well equipped to answer any questions you may have. As a doula, I am dedicated to making every birth the best it can be for every individual, partner and baby, whatever that may mean for them. I recognize that every birth is as individual as the person who is giving birth. What one person may desire and believe may be quite different from another person’s ideal birth. As your doula I strive to familiarize you with your options and what to expect along the way. I hope through non-judgmental discussion and education throughout pregnancy, birth and the postpartum period, I will learn what an ideal birth looks like to you and your partner and can encircle you and your partner with love, support, and guidance. I believe if people are better educated about their bodies, their amazing abilities, what their choices are, and the joys of parenthood it will result in a better birth and happier postpartum period.
Pregnancy and birth can be very transformative and may be one of the most life changing events in a person’s life and for the whole family. I would be honored to walk this journey with you, to support you, and help you achieve the birth that YOU want.
Birth Doula Package
- 1-2 prenatal meetings
- 24/7 On-call support around your estimated due date
- Access to my lending library and resources
- Continuous labour support from the time I join you until baby is born
- Emotional, physical, and informational support for you (and your partner)
- Photos and videos, as agreed upon and discussed in our prenatal meetings together
- Help with baby’s first feed
- One postpartum visit in-home
* I offer a 50% discount on birth photography when I am hired for both Doula support and photography.